Wood Flooring Maintenance
Some advantages of using imondi’s floors include convenience in the cleaning process from dusting to shining, RIGHT AFTER installation.
For overall maintenance, put walk-off mats at all entrance doorways to minimize dirt and grit. Use felt pads under furniture legs and appliances. Place furniture and other heavy appliances carefully.
As per imondi Lacquer maintenance instructions:
In order to keep your floors fresh, clean and vibrant we recommend:
- Use vacuum cleaner or broom daily to clean surface dust or rubble and keep original sheen.
- For daily cleaning blemishes or residue, use the environmentally friendly LOBACARE Cleaner:
– Lightly spray, mist the area you like to clean and use a microfiber mop to wipe dry.
– Daily cleaning will avoid dust build up.
– LOBACARE Cleaner will also prevent static or slip effects.
– For stubborn stains or deeper cleaning use LOBACARE® CareRemover.
(Recommended 2 – 3 times per year)
- Mix 1 cap of LOBACARE Cleaner to a 2 liter of warm water, wet cloth or microfiber mop and apply to the area.
- After 2 minutes, wipe clean and dry.
- For overall maintenance use LOBACARE® V6 Finish Wear proof or LOBACARE®
ParkettCarefor UV lacquered floors.
- DO NOT clean over dusty or dirty floors.
It is important to follow imondi’s recommendations to maintain your oil-finished floors in its natural beauty for decades, RIGHT AFTER installation.
As per imondi Oil maintenance instructions (for wax, oil or unfinished finishes):
- To avoid scratches and other wear and tear effects, put walk-off mats at all entrance
- doorways to minimize dirt and grit.
- Use felt pads under furniture legs and appliances. Place furniture and other heavy appliances carefully.
Fortunately, our oiled floors are easy to clean and will become harder to wear over time if maintained properly.
To keep your floors fresh, clean and vibrant we recommend:
- Thoroughly Vacuum or sweep daily to clean surface dust or rubble.
- For daily cleaning blemishes or residue, use the environmentally friendly OSMO Wash & Care (a biodegradable cleaner safe on wood surfaces):
– Water-repellent, almost odorless, and benzene-free
- Always use two buckets: one – for the solution, the other – water for rinsing
- Rinse the cloth or mop in the second bucket and wipe the floor dry
- Water in the other bucket should be changed regularly so as to prevent spreading the
- Already removed dirt back onto the floor.
- DO NOT wipe the floor with pure water, as the protective oils will be removed.
- With each subsequent use of the soap, the floor will become less susceptible to soiling.
For casual repairs use OSMO Liquid Wax Cleaner (recommended 3 times per year) to refresh high traffic areas and repair scratches:
- Micro-mop plus: For damp mopping the floor with OSMO Wash and Care. Easy to use, and suitable for all wooden floors
- Active fiber cloth: For simple application of OSMOLiquid Wax Cleaner on all oiled/waxed floors
With the right care, the oiled floor will become increasingly easy to clean and more hard wearing over time.